Considering the Future of Sustainable Agriculture in the EU: Ensuring Production and Preserving Biodiversity
In light of these recent policy developments and the reiteration of the EU’s commitment to achieve its biodiversity targets for 2020, this international symposium will provide an invaluable opportunity to engage with the debate on biodiversity at EU level and scrutinise the future of sustainable agriculture in Europe. It will also enable delegates to analyse different methodological approaches to sustainable agriculture and biodiversity preservation and get to know recent technological developments that could foster sustainability. The event will bring together representatives from the EU and national institutions, the private sector and the civil society to share best practice and provide a broad range of perspectives.
- Discuss the latest developments in the EU policy framework on agriculture and biodiversity
- Evaluate the progress made in the implementation of the Action Plan for nature, people and the economy
- Analyse suitable strategies to prevent loss of ecosystems services
- Learn about the economic importance of preserving biodiversity
- Gain insight into environmentally harmful practices in agriculture and how they can be prevented
- Debate on different methodological approaches to wildlife conservation in agriculture
- Explore recent technological developments for sustainable agriculture
- Get to know practical examples of alternative farming systems
- Broaden their network and build constructive partnerships with stakeholders interested in reconciling agricultural production and biodiversity preservation.
For further information, please visit: http://www.publicpolicyexchange.co.uk/events/IB22-PPE2?ss=em&tg=1a